Pages

6.17.2012

{Dad's Day}

This is one of my favorite pictures of me and my dad. I'll never forget that day.


Maybe it's only because people have told me the story before but I like to think that I actually remember what was happening when this photo was taken. I was in preschool at our local church. The local church where my dad was the pastor. This particular day was "fire safety" day and the local fire department stopped by with the big shiny red trucks for the kiddos to see.

I was terrified. I thought there was a fire! Nobody could convince me otherwise so my teachers had to call in someone I would really trust. Thankfully that person was my dad and he was just a couple hundred feet away in an office and didn't mind taking time out of his workday to hold his little girl. Our faces explain it all. I still look terrified yet safe in my daddy's arms. Dad of course has a smile on his face like always. I'm not sure who exactly captured this moment but moments like these are priceless.

I love my daddy so much! Growing up we had a special bond for sure. I called him Bubba up until I was in middle school. I went just about everywhere with him. He is one of a kind and I'm so so SO thankful that the Lord chose him to be my earthly father. He's a good man. This was the card I got him this year and it is perfect:


I cherish these days with my dad. I'm so incredibly blessed! 

Love you dad!!! Happy Father's Day!

-S