2015…where did you come from?! I'll never forget my senior year of high school (2005) and briefly discussing with friends about a ten year reunion. I remember thinking how far away 2015 sounded. But here it is. Feels like in a blink of an eye ten years have passed. I also remember thinking that I would hopefully be married, be a teacher and even a babe or two. Marriage happened. Teaching happened. Babes have not. However, that is not something we have had a strong desire for just yet. The time isn't too far away that we will pray for babes but for now we are embracing this time alone with each other. I trust in God's perfect timing.
But to think how fast the past ten have come and gone. Makes me really want to embrace today and soak in each and every moment. The next ten will be in another blink. I'll leave all the details of the in between to the Lord.
On a way smaller scale here is what I have a desire for in 2015:
- Share more. I've done a poor job of documenting the Davis daily. I've lost my blog voice along the way these past two years. So many of my dearest friends live far away and being a person that loves self-reflection, I want to share more this year. Prepare for much of it to be scattered thoughts about home renos, relationships, spirituality, fashion and well basically anything is up for discussion.
- Love deeper. With friends. Family. And Todd. I want to feel what other people feel. I want to discover new ways to invest in these relationships and hold tight to the memories made.
- Study hard. Rather than only listening to sermon podcasts and doing small devos, I want to really really study God's word too. So far these past 4 days of January, I have began doing so in a new fresh way and it's great.
- React differently. I'm so realistic and it can be annoying. Sometimes it leaves no room for spontaneoity or I am too quick to judge/freak out/make 83209482390 plan Bs.
- Random stuff. Stick to gluten free diet. Take more photos. Increase my weights in Bodypump.
So theres that. We shall see.
-S