Pages

10.14.2015

Her Name


Peri Kathryn Davis

For as long as we have been married, we have tossed future children names around here and there. When we found out we were pregnant this became a topic of discussion daily. Todd would toss and turn over it while I was dealing with morning sickness so I could barely concentrate. 

We took a beach trip during the summer with my family and on the way we made a list of names we liked for boys and for girls. During that trip we even said a few to our family to get reactions and welcomed their input of suggestions. 

Peri was never one of them until the very last day of our trip.

I also want to say at this point in my blog post that I always knew I would be one of those people that just shares the name. I totally get the whole not telling until they are born but we personally together have always known we just wanted to share early. 

Back to the name. On the last day of the trip Todd and I went out to eat lunch before we headed home. While at lunch we decided that by the time we got home from the beach we would have agreed on a name for a boy and a girl. During our lunch date as we were googling names and such, the name Peri was said. Let me rewind for a quick second and let you know that I actually had a new 5th grade student last year named Peri. I do remember mentioning to Todd a year ago about this new girl and how I liked the name. It really helped that she was such a sweet enjoyable student. As a school teacher of almost 800 students, it can be really hard to choose a name. 

So when the name Peri was brought back to our minds we both loved it and the unique spelling. Once Todd looked up the meaning we both just knew it was the one. So what does Peri mean? 

Mountain dweller

For two people who met in the mountains, it just fit our story perfectly. 

As far as the middle name goes, we just liked it paired with Peri. We are debating calling her Peri Kate or maybe Peri Kathryn. But who knows, she may just end up as Peri. We like all our options and have decided we will let it flow naturally once she is born.

After we chose the name we went back to the beach house and told my family. They loved it and were so supportive. It has been so fun already to begin calling her by name and even hearing family/friends ask "how is Peri?!"

Also, in case your are curious, we did have a boy name completely chosen too. But that name will remain in our hearts for now and who knows, we may be using it in the future depending on God's plan for our family. 

So there you have it…the reason for the name.

 Peri girl, we can't wait to meet you and LOVE you to pieces!

-Sara