Pages

2.09.2014

Fear

God is teaching me so much right now. I'm constantly absorbing his goodness around me. I know it has always been there but I'm more alert than ever before. I'm so thankful for all the relationships that are placed in my life in this current season. Without going into details, I have really wrestled this past year with fear and anxiety. Why? Tough to say. It's really strange. The mind does weird things. I have a good life so why fear? I'm very grateful for my husband, my job, my health, my family and friends.

At church we just started a message series based on Pastor Steven's newest book Crash the Chatterbox and tons of scripture. Such perfect timing for me. The concept behind this book is hearing God's voice above all others. The book is so SO great and I recommend you pick up a copy and listen to the messages as well. Something that gave me a new perspective today during the message was the fact that the chatterbox will always be around. I can't stop the chatter…you know…those negative voices in your head, but I can change the channel. I must learn to redirect that chatter towards truth and not engage in the conversation. I don't live by what I feel or by my exhaustion, I live by God's promise. Praise the Lord for that truth of freedom!




-Sara