Remember the mantel decor I did back when we moved in this spring? My goal at the time was to create mantel decor that could easily be changed to accommodate the seasons. The best part of my fall mantel switcheroo was that it cost me zero dollars.
The plan is real easy. I switched out the grassy stuff I had under the candles for coffee beans. Last weekend we went to a beautiful wedding for two friends of ours, Kristen and Chris. (Forgot the camera...oops!) Their wedding favors were coffee beans! Such a cute idea so Todd and I both took a bag. I don't drink coffee but I do love the smell so I used my beans as the base to my candles.
Then on the other side of our TV, I switched out some greenery I had for these awesome orange leaf-like flowers that were given to me from my sister in law Melissa who didn't want them anymore. Thanks, Mel!
I also added this guy to our downstairs living area. The scent is called "Autumn" which suits this time of year perfectly and smells amazing! I got it months ago back when they were slashing prices. Thanks Bath and Body Works!
I also made a wreath today from some supplies I bought at Michaels. The entire store seems to be on sale so this cost me a total of $10 bucks for everything. I love good deals and I love good wreaths.
I also realized today that I've never shown a picture of the outside of our home. How dare me! So here is our humble abode....we love this townhouse and it will always hold a special place in our hearts.
On top of all that decorating I cleaned out several closets. It is amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in just four months of marriage or how much stuff needs to be rearranged. Next on my list is to add a few more decorations (which are in my childhood bedroom closet back home) and possibly a fall printable for our wall collage. So are you in the mood too for fall??? If so, do tell!
TGIF,
Sara