Grad post part B w/ pics coming soon. Truth is, I didn't take many pics but my mom did so I'll get those soon :)
We did some celebrating last night. Just the two of us. We celebrated our recent graduation accomplishments and our future. As you all know, we are at a fork in the road with where to go next.
Without going into a million details of God's handywork, we are finally at a place where we have at least stepped unto a certain path. Several months ago I interviewed for a school media specialist job. I loved the school and was trying really hard not to get my hopes up. Well, I got the job and of course I was estactic. I would have shared earlier but because I got the job so early, I had to wait to confirm graduation and take/pass my Praxis (certification) in school library. I'm happy to say that I graduated and passed my test so I will offically be a library media specialist at a South Carolina elementary school that is very close to Charlotte beginning in August. I'm SO excited that I have all summer to brainstorm teaching ideas and make lesson plans!
We are also excited about the opportunity to live closer to our families. Todd is doing some serious job hunting and we have complete peace. We will certainly miss our mountain community, fresh air and friends (many whom are from our awesome church). This place has been so good to us and will forever hold a special place in my heart. We plan, unless Todd gets a job earlier in Charlotte, to continue living in the mountains this summer and soak up our life here to the fullest. By August we will be moving AND bringing our puppy home. Crazy stuff. We will be sure to keep you all posted during this transition.
Now, excuse me while I go read info on SC since I'll be a teacher there... ;)
Have a great Saturday!
-S