Pages

8.12.2013

We Moved

We have spent the past few days moving. Even though we moved in our same neighborhood, this move has been way harder. Not sure if it's because the clock is ticking for me with work about to start or the fact that we are focusing so much attention on cleaning the old place. I realized I've never lived in a place where they require so much out of you when you depart such as paying to have the carpets cleaned, filling in all the holes, painting, etc. Not that I've ever left a place dirty but I certainly have never made it perfect. I will be so thrilled to turn the keys over to the rental agency of our old place and be completely done with it.

Last night Todd and I cleaned at the old place until 2:30 AM. We came home and jumped in the bed completely exhausted. At 2:45 AM our fire alarm began to chirp. We took out the batteries but it continued to chirp as it is wired into the wall. We were about to beat our heads on the wall but Todd finally got it disconnected. Well...it still chirped! My sweet patient husband was losing his cool slowly. He ended up placing the alarm in the downstairs bathroom in a drawer, far far away from us. Such a nightmare of a night.

We are still unpacking but I hope to post a few pictures soon. I go back to work Wednesday so I'm sure things will get crazy busy after that too. We do have an awesome guest suite that is actually already unpacked. Anybody want to come over?!

Message me privately if you want our new address :)

-Sara