Pages

9.05.2013

Story of My Life...The Gnat

Here I am. Finally back in the blog world after some silence. Starting school has been super busy. I work all day and either come home to do more work or I crash on the couch. Blogging is a creative outlet of mine and I hope I can do better than I did last year at writing.

With all that said, I have another story of my life for you today. Basically these stories are so bizarre or crazy that I feel they would happen to me.

A few weeks ago we left Maggie at my mother-in-laws while we moved to a new town home. When we went to pick her up it was super late and we were exhausted. We only chatted for a few minutes before heading out the door to come home. As we walked out of the door, I felt something buzz. I've had that happen before but usually it's just a bug stuck in my hair that I shoo away.

So I shooed. Shoo Shoo Shoo bug.

Nope, didn't happen. A few seconds later I felt the buzz again. When I say felt, I mean literally felt my ear tingle with a loud buzz. I jiggled at my ear but again the buzz occured. By the second time I freaked out and told Todd. The buzz continued and I was about to have a panic attack. The only relief I got was to jiggle my ear constantly to keep it from buzzing. Such a nightmare.

We ran back inside to get help from my mother-in-law. Todd quickly googled what to do but during this time I'm still buzzing. Each buzz is making me go crazier and crazier. Head shakin', palms sweatin' and the tears a slowly flowin'. Todd used a flashlight and confirmed he saw little wings. Ew.

Todd found some solutions from dear Google. I laid on the floor and he poured olive oil in my ear. The buzzing stop so I'm assuming we killed the gnat but he never found it. Since the buzzing stop, I decided we should just go home.

On the way home I Googled myself the circumstance (for support ya know) and I regret doing that. I read some crazy stories and convinced myself we should go to the hospital. But we didn't. I was nervous that the buzzing would start back like in the middle of the night but thankfully it didn't. I never did go to the doctor or anything like that. I'm going to pretend it fell out.

So the moral of the story...hide yo ears.

-S