Pages

9.30.2013

Polished

I'm a little off topic today. Not much of a Davis update over here but if you like painted nails, stick around. So with that said, I like my nails painted. Like serious like. As in, I'm guessing that about 394 days of the year, I'm wearing some sort of nail polish. Since middle school, I can remember painting my nails for fun and it has turned into a constant of mine. Of course I love getting real mani/pedi's at a salon but I just can't afford that especially as fast as I change my mind over colors. But over the years I have discovered that my nails always chip and it drives me crazy. So with years of practice, I feel confident enough to say that I have finally perfected my home nail solutions the best that I believe is possible. It will cost you a little money up front but it totally pays for itself if you paint your nails a lot.

1. I just paint the color I want on. I've used cheap brands and expensive brands. My favorite cheap brand is NYC which runs about $.85-$1.00 at drugstores. They have an assortment of great colors and it goes on really well.


2. The crucial part. I buy Essie's No Chips Ahead for about $7-8. Paint a top coat and let it air dry.


3. Finish it all off with Essie's Good to Go (about the same price as No Chips Ahead). This leaves your nails super shiny and they dry super fast. I've even had students comment about how shiny my nails are. Good observation kiddos!


So far this has been working for me but I'm always open to hear your ways too as I'm sure there are many other ways to go about getting perfectly polished nails. And if you could care less to paint your nails...call me, I'll do it. I find strange satisfaction in a good nail color job. Oh and by the way, I think it drives Todd crazy. The whole painting process he says "stinks" and won't come near me. Sure, that is true but secretly he likes them when they are finished. Right babe?!

Happy Monday! 
-Sara