Pages

2.02.2012

{Seriously!?}

We have had a crazy week. In the midst of being swamped with school we discovered we have a few uninvited friends at house aka mice! Just typing the word makes me cringe. About a week ago I discovered some really weird dark stuff on our closet floor. I tried to pretend it was just dirt but Todd confirmed a few days later that indeed it was a mouse as he saw one dart into the closet under the door. 

Yuck. Our maintance man, Blaze, came over (such an epic name) to save the day. Well sort of. He put lots of poison around. I'm paranoid so our door currently looks like this: 



I still was in disbelief like maybe we don't really have a problem so I decided to set traps. Well the trap got me instead! It was terrifying at first but then my finger went numb. I couldn't believe such a thing happened so I had to document it.


Well, we caught two. Now, please don't think we have a nasty house. Even Blaze commented on our clean house. I'm just annoyed the mice chose our house to invade. Why not our boy neighbors???

Our next idea is to try steel wool around the pipes in the closet (our water heater is in there) to try to keep the ugly things out. I can't believe I'm even sharing all this on the blog. It's so random yet so gross all at the same time. I'm sure nobody cares or wants to hear. Blogging today for me is like therapy and I just have to get it out there that I WANT THEM TO LEAVE!

Know any tricks???

Thanks for listening! 
:)

Happy Weekend!

-S