Hey Ya'll! I'm back today to share a great recipe that we love. I first discovered how to make Roasted Veggie Pasta while watching Charlotte Today. I wasn't so sure Todd was going to like it considering the pasta sauce is from hummus. So if you're looking for a somewhat healthier pasta dish then give this a try. My friend Kristen asked if I would share how I roast veggies which is the first step in this recipe.
1. Cut up veggies of your choice for roasting. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Begin cooking pasta (bow ties) as normal in boiling water.
2. Place on a pan. Toss in Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper. Place in oven for 30 minutes.
(The smell is amazing while cooking!)
3. In the meantime, place some spinach or salad mix into the bottom of a bowl. Not too much and not too little. Don't ya just love my precise recipe instructions ;)
4. With about 10 minutes to go until veggies are finished, add fresh parsley (totally optional).
5. While the veggs are finishing up, measure 1/2 cup of hummus. Add Paprika for extra kick.
6. Before you drain, measure out 1 cup of the hot water and place in hummus to create sauce. Drain pasta and place on top of mix. You want your mix to wilt down from the heat. (This is a great way to sneak in lots of GREEN for your family or guests.) Now stir your sauce up real good.
7. Dump your veggies on top and pour sauce on top. Mix with a large spoon.
8. Serve and Enjoy! (PS: We add even more paprika and red cayenne pepper on top of our individual bowls because we like things spicy!)
I'm sure you can add chicken to the mix if you wanted but we like to take meat breaks around here. The pasta is so filling that you won't even notice. Keep an open mind while making this because you aren't going to taste that thick alfredo goodness. The sauce is more "runny" but remember, it is way more healthy than alfredo. The veggies are my favorite part. Yum.
When Todd gave the thumbs up for this the first time I made it, I almost fell out of my chair (he is always honest). We now roast veggies all the time and pair them with chicken breast. I could seriously eat roasted veggies every single day and be one happy lady.
Let me know if you give it a shot or add any variations. I still think it is super cool that you can make sauce from hummus!
xo,
S






