Last night we enjoyed dinner out with some friends and hosted a party at our house. We had so much fun saying goodbye to 2012 and ringing in the new year complete with sparklers, poppers, Catan (a board game for all you non geeks out there) and Ryan Seacrest of course. It is moments like that in the midst of chaos and conversation where I just take a moment to quietly pause, look around the room and just thank God for so many precious friendships in our life.
I also took time to reflect on the year we were leaving behind. Todd and I had some big life changes in 2012. For instance, at the start of 2012 we were pretty certain the following would happen one way or another:
- complete our long journey of education and degrees
- move
- get a puppy
- find jobs
Those four listed did happen and they happened SO fast. They were certainly awesome changes. Yet as I have learned, the good changes can actually bring upon both good and bad stress. In the midst of all, I feel we have been such slackers at documenting our lives in pictures and our blog. I'm hoping that no matter what 2013 brings, we can at least take more photos and take more time to reflect.
Also, looking ahead we are praying that we I can aim to make 2013, less stressful. I'm excited about this year as we already are feeling more settled, loving our jobs and overall just feel incredibly blessed from the Lord. It's hard to say for certain what will come about this year but we are already awaiting one awesome miracle that will arrive in July and NO it is not me. Official post to come on that :)
We hope this year is great to you and yours! The best is yet to come!
Cheers!
-S
Cheers!
-S
