Sometimes I freak out. I'm human. I'm a girl. Lately mostly it has been small freakouts about the things that marriage brings. More bills. Combined rent. Two checking accounts or one? How to compromise. Will we have enough money? Money, money, money. Why are we like that as humans...
All of which I know are foolish to think about. God always provides.
But the devil sure does like to mess with me. I'm aware of it so thankfully I beat him off with the power of God. Which brings me to my thankful Thursday. All my life I have been graciously provided for and I owe that to my parents. Money never grew on trees. I watched my parents work (and they still do) very hard to provide for our family and get us what we needed. My parents also taught me to work hard and appreciate whatever life gives me. We were always blessed. Rain or shine.
As we approach marriage, I'm realizing how incredibly blessed we are to have this mindset already instilled in us. We may just be in college but I'm so amazed at how Todd is determined to work as many jobs as he needs to so that we can just simply live. This summer I too will have to get a job since more than likely my assistantship will not be offered in the summer. Whatever job I get will not equal the pay I get during the school year. Instead of being down in the dumps, I'm grateful that I can be optimistic that I will work hard wherever I go and appreciate whatever I make.
Our parents have taught us one of the most basic but important lesson in life, even if they never realize it.
Keep the faith.
Our reward is much greater than what this Earth has to offer.
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19
Sara
