Good morning from Charlotte! We came into town to meet with our wedding planner at the country club to work out all the details of the reception. Now I can fully visualize where and what the guests will be doing before we arrive and know that they will all be taken care of. The place is even more gorgeous than I remember. Everything is becoming more and more real with 3 weeks to go!
Earlier Friday morning I had my bridal portraits made in Valle Crucis with the talented Eric Heistand. The Heistand family were some our first friends when we began dating and we loved getting to know a couple that were several years ahead of us. They have watched our relationship grow, given us such wise advice and have trusted me to take care of their two precious boys on numerous occasions. Although our wedding day photography is by Orange Cat Photo from Hickory, we wanted Eric to be involved somehow especially sine they are going to be out of town for the wedding. I must brag on Eric for a quick second....in 2009 his photograph won in the Banff Mountain Photography Competition that you can check out by clicking here. The same photograph was entered in the National Geographic Great Outdoors Photo and guess what....WON. We are proud friends and I trusted Eric to get some shots of me that I know we will cherish forever.
The photo session was so fun. Getting dolled up just like I will on the big day was surreal! Mason, his wife and my friend, made my bouquet which added another special touch. The weather was perfect and I'm so glad we waited to take my pictures in May because everything was nice and green which made for a great backdrop. I'll have the pictures soon but really they will be on lockdown to keep Mr. Davis from getting any peeks. As soon as we get back from the honeymoon I'll try to link the pictures or post some on the blog. Ahhhhhh THREE WEEKS! Bring it on.
-S