The best way for me to describe it is to imagine one huge bulletin board where everyone in the world gets to post their favorite picture. This includes pictures of food, art, photography, fashion, home and so on. Once you become a member you can also post pictures, categorize them and create boards. Making sense? Probably not, so I'll break it down into steps in case you want to get started.
- Go to their website by clicking here.
- Register. You will be put on a waiting list so don't panic. This is normal. Basically it's like asking for an invitation.
- Once you have been accepted, begin by creating boards by clicking add then boards. For example, I labeled mine fun things such as: get in my belly, I think I can I think I can, stylin, warm and fuzzy...
- Click on "everything" which allows you to view lots of random photos. Whenever you like something you can "repin" which allows you to add it to one of your boards. What is the point you may ask? Well this allows you to store ideas that you have into categories. I have so many ideas for a future home or things I want to cook that I can store on my boards so I can easily get back to them. Most are linked to blogs that give the tutorials.
- Cool feature, your facebook friends that are registered automatically come up as your followers so you can see what your friends are "pinning."
- I know I know, it sounds crazy but trust me it is oh so fun. It is quick to "repin" stuff so you don't feel like you are wasting much time or having a thousand bookmarks in your internet browser. However I do have a confession, I do spend large amounts of time "pinning" but it has been so worth it. I have found the cutest ideas and recipes!
Sorry for the super long explanation but I want you all to try it. It's free and fun. Let's be followers and if you need any help just ask me and I can walk you through it via phone or in person. In wedding news, we applied for our marriage license (finally), my portraits are gorgeous and our early cruise check in is done. Now we just have to figure out how to get from the hotel to the airport at 4:30 am. Any volunteers??? ;)
Also, I move into OUR place Sunday so I've been packing up all day. Poor Todd, I have so much stuff. I'm really trying hard to get rid of stuff before I move! Well clearly I'm procrastinating so I better get back to business!
-S
-S
