Pages

4.04.2011

Invites

Anyone else hyped about the royal wedding? I can't lie, I'm a little intrigued. Maybe its the fact that Todd and I are sharing a wedding year with Prince William and Kate (one month apart). A few weeks ago I was annoyed at how much the media talked about the royal invites. The hot topic was that Kanye West was invited but Obama was not. Interesting I guess but I have my own invites to think about.

This past weekend mom and I tackled the list and addressed the invites. We even got the stamps from the post office and boy was that an ordeal. Did you know to order 300 stamps (for invites and response cards) they have to open a special safe and get permission? Yup, true story. Anyways it was a great feeling to see my friends and families names on the envelopes. Made me really anxious, excited and nervous! This is really happening!!

Speaking of invites, I love love love them. I was pretty picky because I knew exactly what I wanted which were really simple and traditional but finding them took awhile. Mom saved the day, as she was the one to find them online. I realize that invites always end up in the trash but the invite sets the stage for the wedding and I wish I could see the smile on my guests faces when they arrive. I also plan to frame one myself for our house so if you don't get a chance to see one I'll post a picture soon.

We put much thought into our guest list. Our reception venue only holds 200 so we had to carefully alter the list to our closest friends and family. During this process I have realized how blessed we are with all the people in our lives. We absolutely cannot wait to celebrate with the greatest people we know! I'm most nervous that the mail system will mess up and people won't get their invitation or something. Anyways, we really wish everyone could join us but that is just impossible....sorry Kanye and Obama, you didn't make the cut!

-Sara