Pages

4.29.2011

Just lovely

I awoke early this morning to view the royal wedding festivities. I thought it was exciting to see all the friends and family arrive into the beautiful Westminster Abbey. That cathedral is breathtaking! Not sure what is up with me these days but I cry at anything sweet or sentimental. Last night, I cried with the departure of Michael Scott from The Office and today when Kate was getting in the car from her hotel to drive to the Abbey, I teared up. What a sweet moment! I can't even imagine how she felt. Being a commoner, her dreams really were coming true. If you missed it, don't worry the media is replaying everything all day but there was something special about being up so early watching it live. I must admit I fell asleep after they said their vows (the church choir was beautiful and put me into a heavenly slumber). I randomly awoke right when they walked unto the balcony and had their kisses. Watching the wedding made me super eager to have mine!


And that dress! Lovely. I did feel she played it a little safe but I guess you have to with all the "rules" and such. However, she looks stunning as always! Did anyone see her sisters dress? Super sleek and stylish. Big fan. Well enough of my opinions and tears....time for me to pack! I'm going to Raleigh this weekend to celebrate my upcoming wedding with all the girls that worked at camp with me plus my bridesmaids. Lots of girls, food and shopping. Woo hoo, can't wait! I have not been to a slumber party in a long time! I'll be back later this weekend and will share the details!

-S

ps: maybe I'll find some shorts. Thanks for all the tips!