I traveled back on Saturday so I could spend the remainder of the holiday weekend with Todd. My favorite holiday is the 4th and while I'm used to being either at the beach or with camp friends, I'd say we had a great first "married" 4th in our town. The day started with a low key lunch fellowship with friends out in the country. Followed by some catch phrase and canvas painting/worship.
I really meant to pull a Petersik (only a few of you will understand that) and "house crash" by taking some photos of our friends awesome 100+ old farmhouse. My jaw was pretty much on the floor the entire time I was there. Just imagine original woodwork inside and antique refinished decor to match. Here I am sitting on the front porch holding their baby in a an old church pew that they painted and put cute pillows on. Genius! May just have to "pin" that idea.
Later in the evening we headed out to Bethel Blast. Apparently this is where everyone gathers in the county for free (that is what sold us on the idea) BBQ and fireworks. While we were there we bumped into lots of friends and spent the night enjoying the cool mountain air and people watching of course.
Hope you too had a great weekend! Isn't summer so refreshing and fun? Somehow this weekend I was also able to squeeze in a little DIY craft that was inspired from Pinterest. Post soon to come...
-Sara