This post is entirely an update on our life currently and no pictures. Warning, this could bore you but we feel we are slacking in documenting our first year of marriage. It's more for us to look back at and remember but we are open to share with you if you care.
We have been ultimate busy bees. In fact the past four Friday's we (or me alone) have traveled to Charlotte to participate in wedding festivities of friends. Don't get me wrong, we love the excitement and seeing our friends but the traveling is not a real joy ride. I've been having some major trouble with my back lately so being in a car for a long time and sleeping on different types of beds is about to be the death of me. But I have an appointment soon with a spine doctor so hopefully that meeting can bring some relief. Say some prayers for me.
But as busy as we have been, our evenings together are my most favorite thing about being newlyweds. Fortunately, we each get home around 5 and have zero work stress. This means we get to relax, cook dinner together, ride bikes or jog on the Greenway Trail and watch some of our favorite shows. This is where I'll admit that we are huge Big Brother fans and the fact that it comes on three times a week is great. It's basically reality TV at its finest. Don't judge us.
Our home is still a work-in-progress as I'm certain it will always be. I'm excited today because this is the first Friday in a long time that I don't have to travel. My rush of travel freedom (what to do with all my time!?) began last night as I got the itch to finish our outdoor living spaces. Mainly because it is so blessed hot here these days and with no AC the inside of the house feels worse than outside. So off to Lowes we went and got some new chairs for our bedroom balcony deck. I can't wait to sit out there this weekend and read (I'm halfway into The Help and lovin' it).
Other to dos:
- Finish framed wall collage...with actual PHOTOS
- Clean, Clean, Clean
- Organize all closets
- Take clothes to donate
- Stock up on some grub
- Finish Reupholstering dining room chairs (ha, story and pics to come)
- Thrift & Antique shop...plus hit up Michaels/Dollar Tree
- Create an office space for me to do our finances
Lots to do. Hopefully with having Friday and Saturday to do this, I can get this stuff done done done. Plus, I'm planning on squeezing in a date with my ever so patient husband. We haven't been out together in weeks and it is long overdue!
Hope I didn't bore you with all these personal details. Honestly, I'm kinda computered-out these days. More on that to come.
Have a great weekend!
-Sara