Pages

8.21.2011

Back 2 School

Around here we are gearing up for our LAST year of school. I really mean it this time. No doctorate for me and unless Todd just wants to be a professional student the rest of his life, no more for him either. We certainly have bittersweet feelings about starting back (who wouldn't!?). As annoying as tests and papers can be...let's all face it...college is a beautiful thing. Even though we are married and share lots of responsibilities including many many grown up bills, there is just something about the freedom of a college lifestyle.

I always have a really hard time with change. The whole shifting from summer to schoolwork is a hard adjustment for me. I've always been like this since childhood but once I get motivated I'm good as new (too bad that takes a few weeks). Basically imagine me giving a few huffs and puffs at all the syllabi (?) until finally I realize that the negativity will get me no where. It's a weird crazy process of mine and I can feel the huffs-a-comin'.

In other news we had our first guests stay with us last night! Ashley and Scott came to visit Boone for the day and we were so excited that we were able to provide a place for them to stay. Since I used to live with Ashley it felt like we were roommates again except this time the boys didn't have to leave for bed time. Oh the joys of marriage.

We also started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University tonight. It is a 91 day program about doing finances God's way. We left the first class super excited and motivated to give, save and spend our money wisely.

In makeup news, I met with a friend that sells Mary Kay and I love their policy of letting you try before you buy so I'm giving it a shot. I'll keep ya posted...

The next five weekends are slammed but in a good way. Can't wait to share and post pics! I'm just trying to figure out if the fun weekends will be an incentive for my schoolwork and make the time go by faster or if they will just make everything slower...but with the way things are going we are pretty much booked busy all the way to Christmas break. Ah...I love that word.

Cheers,
-S