Pages

8.11.2011

So after still mourning this week the loss of my ottoman (check the last post if you missed that story) I decided it was time to let you all rejoice with me with the good that came from that shopping trip. Some of you even guessed correctly....LAMPS!


I found those beauties at the thrift store for five bucks each! They each still had the cord wrapped and socket cover as if they were never used. However, I wasn't digging the gold for our tropical escape so for a few bucks I bought some spray paint that matched our mirror and ceiling fan and went to town on those babies.


Looking fresh, eh!? I'm lovin' them. I also scored two new shades from Lowes on sale for $9.98 a piece which just puts the icing on the cake. 


So for a total of about $35 I was able to create the look I have been searching for. Chances are if I would have found brand new lamps that came with lampshades, I would be spending at least $35 on each lamp. I'd say I'm one happy camper and pleased with my low budget lamp search for sure. Doesn't it just make the room look so much better?


I'm amazed at how well it improved our room which is now officially finished. Hooray! Now I can move on to other rooms that need that final touch. The moral folks of today's lesson: don't give up on finding that thrifty deal. Even if it takes months to find and a lost ottoman in the process!

Have a great weekend!
-Sara