Let me introduce you to one of my favorite places on Earth....
My Pawpaw built this house on Oak Island a long long time ago with the help of my Mimi. I can't remember one summer that doesn't include me vacationing here. A few updates have been made over the years but for the most part it holds all of it's original history which makes it extra cozy.
When we arrived we stocked up on some groceries that we call "beach food" aka junk. For the record since we have been back I have restocked our house with healthier options and whenever we have kids I will certainly not endorse all that junk on vacation so we might as well enjoy while we are young and our hips are free from holding toddlers.
During the day we enjoyed riding bikes and soaking up the sun of course. I could read out by the ocean all day long if somebody let me. BTW, I'm currently nose first in Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks which just so happens to be about the same beach we stay at. I was certainly in reading heaven for sure.
We also couldn't pass the week up without eating at our favorite restaurant, Provision Company. My sister and her bf, Chris as well as my cousin Jenny and her husband Landon were also at the beach with us but somehow I forgot to take a picture of all us. Oops. Hanging out with family is always fun and we all laughed the majority of the time about old memories.
-Sara


