I've had several friends and family who live too far away to visit our casa that asked to see a photo tour. I realize I should probably start by showing you the outside and working my way in but truthfully I already have pics of other areas in our house loaded on my computer so I'll start with those.
Since seeing all the rooms could be overwhelming to see and read, I'll do everything in installments. First up, our master bedroom. The room gets great sunlight in the afternoon which is great for natural lighting but the heat right now is unbearable.
Yes that is the same duvet and pillows that YHL had. I love their style and it works great in our bedroom. The fun colors make us think of our second favorite place on Earth, the beach, which is also where we fell in love and got engaged.
Now do you notice my lamp problem? Pretty embarrassing but I can't find lamps anywhere! I'm thinking of just buying some at a thrift store and spray painting them and getting new lampshades. Only problem is I can't seem to find any that are the right height (even at Homegoods). So for now we are rockin' a red lampshade. I'm over it.
Originally we were suppose to have my gigantic black wardrobe closet going here. Unfortunately it wouldn't fit up the stairs so this old wicker that Todd found on the side of the road from a long time ago ended up in our room. It works for this season in life and somewhat goes with our beachy flow. I paired it with a mirror I already owned. I have a glass full of seashells that we both picked the day before we got engaged, rocks we took from the Cayman Islands on our honeymoon, a Polaroid of us at an Avett concert and a few decor items from TJ Maxx such as the green vase and bowl for my jewelry.
This balcony is one of our favorite spots in our house. We bought the chairs a few weeks ago and have enjoyed cool summer nights on the deck. In case you are curious, that corner of the other building is where we saw the peeping Tom...eeek!
This is another piece of furniture that I never ever thought would make it into our house. (Never say never, right?) Todd had it all throughout his college dorm days and apparently it has been in the family for a long time. In the end we couldn't resist putting it in our bedroom because it just fits perfectly and holds our mini iHome, spare change, an engagement photo, books and baskets.
Sidenote: The TV in the bedroom is mainly for me watching the news in the morning while I'm getting ready. Rarely if ever do we watch TV together or turn it on when we are both in the room so before anyone starts to tell me about statistics about TV's in bedrooms I wanted to clear the air. We're good.
To the left is our bathroom and to the right is our upstairs hallway/stairs. We also have two full size closets but closets are boring so I didn't think it was worthy of looking at. More on the rest of the house later! Thanks for virtually stopping by!!
-Sara