Pages

12.11.2011

{wedding decor}

I'm offically finished with this semester and Todd has a few exams left. It is really hard to believe that we only have one more semester left. Time flies!

This past weekend I enjoyed helping my mentor/friend/florist arrange and decorate at a wedding. I love the wedding industry. I worked for Shutterbooth back when I lived in Charlotte and always loved being a part of someones special day as a vendor. It was fun to play a different role. However, I never knew how much time and energy went into flowers and decorating!

Most of the assembly for this wedding was done at the venue, hours before the wedding. This was our "workstation" for the day. 


The setting for the ceremony was breathtaking. My favorite view was from the balcony which is where tables were set for reception dining.  


Everything was beautiful. All the flowers were white and we even created fake snow to use in vases. It was a very busy day but I had a great time. Never underestimate the florist industry. That is some hard work! Makes me want to call my wedding florist and just say thank you one more time! Can you imagine how dull weddings would be without flowers/decor? 

If you are looking for a florist in the high country for weddings or events, check out Millefleurs. The venue was at Crestwood Inn. I'm so glad I got to help. I love weddings! Next weekend a friend of ours, Daniel, is getting married. I'm looking forward to it especially since they are doing a Christmas brunch after the ceremony. Sounds lovely!

Hope you had a great weekend!
-Sara