This may just be my favorite post yet of sharing our Christmas decor. When we got married, one thing I was most excited about was choosing stockings for our mantel. I started my search back in September for the perfect stockings. I chose to shop on Etsy because you can choose to buy handmade items from individuals. I like the idea that someone is putting extra care into my purchase and that the money is supporting someone who deserves it.
I narrowed my search down to burlap stockings since lately we are expressing a rustic house theme. Once I placed my order, we had to wait several weeks since we got them personalized with our names. The stockings came in late October and I squealed like a teenager with Bieber fever.
My favorite part is that I was allowed to choose an embellishment that represented Todd (you know, because evergreen and pine cones are so manly) and some flower bling that represented me along with our names.
I realize I technically could have made these but it was way more convenient for me to buy them from someone who did spend the time to make them. Win-Win. These two are very well made inside and out. Research burlap stocking on Etsy if you are interested. I couldn't find our seller at the moment but that may be because she doesn't make any this close to the holidays. However, I saw plenty more that were cute and who knows you may just find these after all.
I know we will cherish these for many years to come. If and when we have children, I will just search either for this same seller or find another that matches or do something completely different for the kiddos.
Do you have stockings or not? Do you even fill them? My parents have a different personalized stocking for each person in the family and Santa still brings us goodies on Christmas morning. Anybody else go for that mismatched look? I think they make any mantel look so cozy!
It's almost Friday....and I'm one day away from being finished with graduate school work for this semester and that makes me want to jump for joy! One more semester to go!
-Sara