Pages

12.13.2011

{personalized gift tags}

My semester of grad school was extremely busy. Since I didn't have time for much crafting, I constantly "pinned" items on Pinterest. Now that school has slowed down (at least for a month), I'm finally getting around to making a few things that have caught my eye. 

With Christmas right around the corner, I've been buying gifts which means I'll have to do some wrapping. Is it weird that I love shopping for wrapping paper? I mainly like to look for shiny paper that is thick so it doesn't rip while wrapping or transporting. I found some great paper at TJ Maxx this year.

Later while browsing at Michaels, I found these tags on clearance for $1.00! Immediately I thought of making unique gift tags for my presents.


I was just about to buy stamp letters when I bumped into my friend Emily. She told me she already had some that I could borrow. I love when that happens! Makes my crafting even cheaper. I already had red ink but it isn't too expensive if you wish to try this yourself.

I learned from trial and error (on blank pieces of paper) to barely place the stamp on the paper. If you press too hard or move it too quickly, you will have a blob of ink.



Eventually I got into the swing of things and it was very easy. I went ahead and made all the gifts tags I will need for this Christmas. Nine to be exact, since we all aren't exchanging this year. Here are a few more almost completed...


I decided to handwrite the "to" and "from" and I like the way it turned out. The bright red letters make it very obvious as to who the gift is for.


Once I got the hang of stamping, these took me about thirty minutes. Did I ever mess up? Yes, of course! I bought two packages of the tags for that very reason. In fact, after Todd saw the "Carol" tag (his mom) he informed me that it should read, "Mom." Oops! I always call her Carol but it would make much more sense if her gift was labeled "Mom" so I redid hers and I did the same for my parents.

I really enjoyed making these and it adds some fun to the gifts. Since we are traveling, I didn't add bows to any of the gifts yet. I'll plop one on right above the tag once we arrive at our destinations!

Ho Ho Ho!
-Santa Sara