The past few days have suddenly reminded me why it is awesome to be a college student. This long break is good for the soul. Not setting an alarm has probably been my favorite along with no responsibility with work or school.
We started out the break by visiting my sister, bro-in-law and our niece, Annlyn. My sister and I dressed her up and let Uncle Todd take some Christmas photos of her with his nice camera. I snapped this photo with my iPhone after her photo shoot when she was in more comfortable clothing. If she could talk, the caption would tell you that her mother and aunt are crazy! We wore her out!
Later that night we hit up Mcadenville aka Christmastown USA. Christmas wouldn't be complete without seeing all the lights.
Now we are staying with Todd's family for a few days. I found this book on the shelf in the room we stay in at my mother in laws and I couldn't stop reading it! I highly recommend everyone read this book as it will give you a new perspective on heaven. This young boy has seen Jesus and has truth to be shared!
Yesterday we went to Ikea. Oh my. That place never gets old to me. I could shop there all day long! Todd and I both agree that it is better to go there with a purpose. We were looking for an organizational unit (for me) that could also function as a record player stand (for Todd). We were successful in finding a piece that would work along with a few other items we couldn't resist! Pics to come soon!
Last night we attended Code Orange Christmas at Elevation Church. It was wonderful and amazing to see a grown man in front of us accept the Lord with tears of joy in his eyes. Just beautiful.
I'm loving spending my first Christmas being married. We are having a wonderful time and looking forward to the Christmas Eve service at his home church, hearing my father preach on Christmas morning and also seeing what Santa brings us.
;)
Happy Holidays!
-Sara (& Todd)


