Pages

12.06.2011

Thanksgiving Update...2 weeks late!

My brain is all over the place these days. We are just about to complete our next to last (woohoo) college semester and as you all know that brings lots of studying, lots of papers and lots of waiting until grades come in. So I thought in the midst of all my Christmas decor chat, why not back track and talk about our Thanksgiving. Seriously, my brain is a jumbled mess right now but I want to cover it before it gets too far gone. Our number one reason for this blog is to document our lives in diary form mainly for us to look back at in the future and I don't mind sharing it publicly for you all. We have some great friends and family that really care to know what the Davis' are up too and I appreciate you all for caring.

I love Thanksgiving. I love the food. I love spending time with family and I love shopping for good deals. Plus it kicks off the Christmas season which is always delightful. This was our first married Thanksgiving and actually spending it together. Although it can be sad to mix up my usual Turkey day routine, I loved making new traditions as a new unit. We are very thankful our parents live close by to one another and we were able to see everyone within the short few days we were home. I loved every moment of holding this sweet girl.



 We made a few purchases too. I cut the cord from my parents and joined Todd's phone plan which meant I got to upgrade to an iPhone. I was always that person that said I would never get one but now I must say, I really like it. It's much smarter than me and comes in handy. We also went out at 10 pm Thanksgiving night to try to get the incredibly good Xbox/Kinect deal. We were fortunate to get one of the last tickets and were home by 10:45 with the loot in our hands.


 Let me just tell ya. The Xbox rocks. I have been dancing my little heart out with Just Dance 3 and have asked for other games for Christmas (what am I, ten again? guess so). In my defense, the "game" I want is a workout program. Anyway, while I was supposed to be helping my parents decorate their tree/house, I found myself doing this...


You know you want to do it too! Come on over and join in on the fun!

Cheers,
Sara