I just realized that I never posted a picture of our mantel. We used items we mostly had around the house or that I got on clearance last Christmas.
This is my favorite piece. I snagged this cutie at a thrift store back during the summer. Too bad he didn't photograph well (he's shy) but I'm lovin' the white ceramic style he is rockin'.
I placed these two wood ornaments on the mantel as well. They are two of my favorite words during this season.
I'm sure going to miss looking at this once the holidays are over. The lights make it so cozy.
We use our dining room table all the time, for everything! We eat there, we use our computers there, I paint my nails there (true story) and basically sometimes it is the catch-all place as soon as walk in the house (please tell me this happens to other people too). So I added a small centerpiece that includes an evergreen candle so we can get that Christmas tree smell without the Christmas tree. This is very functional for us:
Switching gears, I want to give a big CONGRATS to Daniel and Jessica for tying the knot. Daniel went to high school with Todd and were also roommates in college. We were honored to celebrate with them this past weekend. The ceremony was a true act of worship honoring the Lord and the reception was a classy brunch. We were able to catch up with lots of friends which is always fun! Oh happy day!
That's all for now! We have a busy next few days but I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends!
Cheers,
Sara