Pages

1.12.2012

{Made to Crave}

Can you believe we still haven't started our semester? Usually we are already back in the groove of things by this time of year but for some reason we don't start until January 17th. This will bring my total break of time off of school/work at almost 6 weeks! No complaints here except maybe no working means no steady paycheck so that stinks. However, I have enjoyed using this time to balance some important aspects of life (quiet times, healthy eating, working out) before life is gets super busy with grad school. Also, I have enjoyed watching The Today Show every morning with my breakfast and staying in my PJ's until at least noon. Sadly that must end on Tuesday when I go back to work on campus but in the meantime I'm livin' it up.

My Fitness Pal goals are going great!! I've stuck to the plan now for 8 days. I've managed to go to Chilis, Chick-fil-a and have guests over which included dessert without busting my daily calorie intake. Did I have to make big sacrifices? Yes of course, but my everyday lifestyle is still pretty normal which is so important to me. What isn't normal is my mentality on food. I no longer live to eat, I eat to live. I've been reading the book, Made to Crave, and it has really helped me process these thoughts from a biblical point of view. I was made for more. 



I also watched a live webcast by this author that featured a nutritionist that suggest taking fish oil. Anyone else take fish oil? I'm nervous I'll have fish burps. Anyway, I'm training my brain slowly but surely to put good things in my body, eat in moderation and just say no. Right now I'm tracking my calories and exercising with My Fitness Pal. I can really see and feel a difference! We can even be buds via the app so look me up, my username is: saradavis528.

Have a great day!
-Sara