Pages

1.16.2012

{Word of the Year}

So do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat? or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them, But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:31-33


Today I'm linking up with Layla at The Lettered Cottage for the Word of the Year party. Check out her blog for more details but basically you choose a word that you can focus on, mediate on and reflect on this year.



My word for 2012 is...

source

I think we often forget the seek part of that verse above. Most importantly we I forget the word first as well. Todd and I are reading through the Bible in one year. It's so great to have an accountable partner in the journey. This year I want to be more intentional in my relationship with Christ and others. The past few days I've had a mentality cleansing of several areas of my life. The TV hasn't been on as much and the internet hasn't been a go-to during boredom. I'm thankful for seasons like this where God lights a fire in your heart again in order to look at the bigger picture of life rather than the day-to-day self-consuming routine that usually occurs. I chose this word as my theme for 2012 because I seriously want to crave God first before anything else in this world. Also the first book I chose to read this year was Made to Crave and it has already laid a great foundation about what it is like to be satisfied through Christ alone. 

Now it is your turn, join with me and choose a word for twenty twelve. I'd love to hear your word and what it means to you in this year. 

Happy MLK day!
-Sara