{Sara's Kitchen}
;)
;)
I now present to you a low cal homemade Mexi Melt recipe. This is really a no brainer. Super easy. Sometimes I just forget that it IS possible to make good lunches at home.
Mexi Melt
*only use as much meat as needed depending on how many servings you need*
Lean (95%) hamburger meat or Turkey (Better choice)
Tablespoon of Taco Seasoning
Fiesta Cheese
Cilantro
Yellow Onion
Tomato
Burrito (or be crazy and go without)
This is pretty self explanatory but basically brown the meat, add the seasoning, place on burrito, add cheese & let it melt, top with cilantro, onions, tomatoes-all chopped of course. Wrap that bad boy up and bam you have a Mexi-Melt without that sandpaper meat they use from Taco Bell.
I've recently discovered how to add my own recipes into My Fitness Pal (app). This recipe's Total Calories per serving (1 burrito) is....240!
Now, don't know about you but I can't eat anything Mexican without Chips & Salsa! I recently made the Chili's Copycat Salsa I found on Pinterest and it is a keeper. I also plugged it into My Fitness Pal (aka best friend) and it's only 15 calories per serving. Now how many servings you eat (tablespoons) is up to you! Don't blame me when you get addicted.
![]() |
| Get the recipe by clicking here! |
Happy Friday,
Sara
