Pages

3.13.2011

One Year Later

As of three weeks ago, I'm leading worship again. 

I've started playing drums for the worship team at our church here in Boone. It's been so refreshing to play in a worship band again. I've led worship most of my life from middle school to high school for my youth group and for FCA and Campus Crusade during my early college years. Now I'm at it again, doing what I love the most. I'm sure some can relate but for me using my musical abilities to lead worship just feels right. Everyone has their own unique God-given gift and when you can use that gift to bring glory to God it's such a satisfying feeling. 

Ironically enough, the first Sunday I played drums at church was exactly a year to date from my last show with my old band, Philmont. It seems like just yesterday I was traveling the country, living out of this  U+2192.svg

If interested here's a link to my last post on the band's blog describing what I was feeling during my last show: "The Final Post from Todd"

It's funny looking back how apprehensive/eager I was to take on life, post-Philmont. Yet the Lord has been looking out for me and he has blessed me far more than I ever expected. Perhaps the greatest lesson I've learned this past year is to never doubt God and his plans for my life.  

"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  -Jeremiah 29:11

Have a great week, 
Todd