![]() |
| Photo from here |
Ha, so true! Being an intern in a school library and in my graduate classes, I have realized that libraries are always evolving. Libraries certainly are not what they used to be when most of us were kids but that doesn't mean we have to ditch the idea all together. As a librarian, I'm learning how vital of a resource we are to students and adults. In schools, we teach students how to use 21st century technology skills and guess what....kids still READ so books do remain on the shelves! I feel as if some people vision that libraries should get the X and just give all the kids e-readers. Oh boy, don't get me started because libraries can be a great learning hub when teachers collaborate effectively and I've heard about super cool things going on at libraries all over the country. I'll stop my ranting on how amazing libraries are or how nerdy I am for loving them.
Seriously, I lurveeee going to my internship. The job is fast paced and I love connecting with all the students. Not to mention it involves one of my favorite things to do: organizing. It is such a comforting feeling for me to find something that I feel good about and worth investing in. This semester has gone by incredibly fast and I only have a few more weeks in my internship.
When I first started the internship, my mentor which is the current librarian, told me she was pregnant. As the weeks progressed, I was asked if I would be interested in doing an interim to cover while she was on maternity leave. I was honored they asked and even more thrilled to get the opportunity to gain even more experience. The position starts in March so until then I'll keep working my job on campus and doing my schoolwork so I can graduate in May. I'm so thankful that I'm already getting to know the students so well and gaining their trust. Plus an added bonus is two wonderful friends (shout out to my queens!) of mine also teach at that school. Everyone is so nice and helpful! I still have lots to learn (always will!) but I'm very eager and willing to dive into this head first. I'll keep you all posted whenever it starts and probably do morebabbling sharing of how libraries are very special places.
When I first started the internship, my mentor which is the current librarian, told me she was pregnant. As the weeks progressed, I was asked if I would be interested in doing an interim to cover while she was on maternity leave. I was honored they asked and even more thrilled to get the opportunity to gain even more experience. The position starts in March so until then I'll keep working my job on campus and doing my schoolwork so I can graduate in May. I'm so thankful that I'm already getting to know the students so well and gaining their trust. Plus an added bonus is two wonderful friends (shout out to my queens!) of mine also teach at that school. Everyone is so nice and helpful! I still have lots to learn (always will!) but I'm very eager and willing to dive into this head first. I'll keep you all posted whenever it starts and probably do more
Happy Wednesday...you're almost to the weekend!! Cheers!
-Sara
