Saturday was a super special day. We all loaded in the van and took the long trip to Burlington, NC to go wedding dress shopping with my older sister, Jamie. This time last year we went wedding dress shopping for me so it was great to have the tables turned. I really enjoyed grabbing a ton of dresses to play dress up on her. She was really great about trying on just about everything in the entire store (we were there for about five hours) and even gave us a few surprises with a few she really liked. But, I can't say much on this blog in case Chris, her fiance, reads it which I doubt he does but who knows maybe he secretly checks The Davis Daily ten times a day so I'm going to play it safe.
She did say yes to a dress! A very gorgeous dress. After all those hours we were all exhausted but in the end she ended up choosing one dad originally picked out. In fact, all three of us girls now have officially got our dresses from the same place and I can't say enough nice things about the staff at Burlington Bridal for treating us so well and remembering us. I am SO excited for Jamie and Chris and cannot wait for June 30th so we can celebrate with the happy couple. I am very thankful for the man God has given her. Jamie and Chris are both true testaments of being patient and letting the Lord provide in His timing.
In other family news....it's finally NOVEMBER! That means not only is my sister going to have her baby but Todd's brother's wife, my sister-in-law, Melissa is also due. Both baby girls. Both scheduled for the same week (turkey week as a matter of fact) but I'd love to meet my new nieces sooner than that. God is so faithful and we have so much to be thankful for!
Cheers,
Sara