Pages

10.18.2011

Happy Engagement!

This past weekend we had the Davis/Gibson family come to the mountains. They rented a beautiful cabin and we had a great time together. So much happened that I barely know where to start but Saturday was the best day so I'll share that!

Remember how I told you last weekend Todd and I took a drive out to the Parkway? Well we did a little hiking but our true intentions were to map out a proposal spot for Todd's stepbrother, Vance. Here I am last weekend practicing in place of Vance so Todd could figure out camera angles...


Well Saturday morning, Todd and I got up early and headed out to the same spot to be secret photographers. It was a little chilly and all that waiting yet trying to be sneaky made me have to pee. Just keeping it real. I was nervous for the whole thing to go smoothly since Vance had never even been to that spot before! I think I checked the clock every thirty seconds.


The two finally arrived and the timing was perfect. No other hikers were nearby making the moment very intimate (except for us creepers). The two did a devotional together that was followed by the proposal. It was a beautiful thing to watch and I cried.



Now that the secret was finally out, it was time to CELEBRATE! We all went to Red Onion Cafe for lunch where her parents surprised her followed by lots of hugs from the rest of the family including her soon to be new sister in law, Laura! I love this photo...pure joy. 


Afterwards we went on a 22 mile bike ride together in Todd, NC. We had a great time but the last hour was really hard because we were riding facing the wind. Major workout so we all went to Daniel Boone Inn Restaurant to get our calories back!



Once we recovered from dinner we played some pool and catch phrase (ladies vs. boys).




What a fun weekend! We are all excited to welcome Katie into the family. The two are looking at an April date and we all get to be in the wedding as groomsmen and bridesmaids. Congrats you two!


I am very blessed to have gained such a wonderful family! Unfortunately Matt, Melissa, Penelope, Baby Davis and Bella were unable to come and we certainly missed them. Maybe I should learn photoshop and stick them in the above picture. We truly are so thankful for our combined family that keeps growing and growing! I'm looking forward to my first Thanksgiving and Christmas as a Davis and also having Todd join in on some crazy Caulder fun! Wow, can you believe the holidays are right around the corner? I have so many projects and research to do before then....yikes, better get on it!

Cheers,
Sara