This past Saturday was gorgeous! Todd and I kept expressing to each other how blessed and thankful we are to be married and living in such a beautiful place. Since Todd has never carved a pumpkin before, we decided the first step would be to pick out a pumpkin. We went to The Mustered Seed in Blowing Rock.
I got a little distracted and fell in love with this red mum. I don't know anything about the cost of mums but this baby was $5.95 which is do-able so I said sold!
Red is my favorite color and when it is paired with orange my soul smiles. As soon as we were home I knew the perfect place for our new fall items. We are going to wait to carve the pumpkin until the week of Halloween!
I think we got a pretty decent sized pumpkin and with a fairly good shape. Todd is very eager to carve that bad boy.
A touch of fall also got added to our kitchen...
Be sure to check out some changes I made to our blog. I added "pages" at the top with a few different categories that we thought would be useful and fun. We have officially started fall break which is a such a breath of fresh air. I plan on cleaning the house and cleaning out my closet. Todd's family is renting a cabin this weekend nearby so we are looking forward to spending some quality time with family. Oh, if you have any tips for caring for mums do share!
Happy Wednesday!
Cheers,
Sara