Pages

10.21.2011

Real Food

I can't remember where I found the 100 days of Real Food blog (probably pinterest) but something about it sparked an interest in me. Todd and I have watched Food Inc. and I've read a little from Michael Pollan's books that stress the importance of shopping on the outer edges of the grocery store. Basically we all tend to forget about processed foods and how terrible they are for us. I'm totally guilty! The thought that has settled in my brain that I cannot shake is that processed foods have a crazy long shelf date. Folks, that is not good.

Okay back to that blog. I've been reading the blog for a few days taking mental notes here and there. I discovered this morning that the founders are from Matthews, NC! I lurve local bloggers. Then I noticed they made an apperance on Charlotte Today, a local morning television talk show in the Queen City.



I give mad respect to this family for eating whole foods for 100 days! What exactly does that mean and what can you eat? Well check out their blog because she goes into extensive details even with recipes of what to eat. If you don't want to watch the video it is helpful to learn that they each lost weight, felt healthier and gained more energy.

Her blog suggests people trying it for 10 days. I really really really want to take this challenge. I imagine this to be expensive and sometimes inconvienet. I think the hardest part would be finding fresh local meat and whenever you are on the road/eating out. If anything I'm going to at least try her recipes or make some homemade granola for breakfast. The goal for us is to start buying things that have five ingredients or less that we can pronounce!

So anybody want to join our challenge? I also put the blog in my sidebar under "Creative & Inspiring" so you can all easily reference it when needed! Let me know what you think or where to shop or if you have ever tried this in the past!

It's Friday, FRIDAY!!!

-Sara