Pages

3.08.2012

{For Women Only}

Warning: I'm about to get real. No fun photos today just me rambling about something I've learned more about since getting married especially considering we are young, in school and terrified of getting pregnant. Told you this is about to get r-e-a-l! Oh and sorry if you tried to read this post yesterday, thought I posted it (which I did), went back to edit, then accidentally didn't publish it again.

Have you all heard about the recent birth control recalls? Sure every now and then we all hear about them but it hit home when a local radio station gal said that she just got a letter yesterday concerning the recall of her medicine. An entire MONTH after it was nationally recalled. Folks, I'm no genius but that is a problem.

Just google birth control recalls and see all the latest news articles. In fact there has been at least two within the last month. Basically, women were taking sugar pills when they shouldn't have been.

I can really get on my soapbox talking about this subject but I'll try to refrain. Honestly, it wasn't until we were getting married that I even cared about this subject. I assumed BC was the best option but never had peace. You hear stories all the time of people getting pregnant on the pill, side effects and recalls. How am I supposed to put trust in that? But you also hear of people having success stories too. I was so confused.

Many of you reading this blog are close friends and probably remember me asking a billion questions about this subject. I did lots of self-educating and actually tried BC thinking that all my fears and doubts would disappear once I had a prescription. Wrong. Three months later I was uneasy about the entire thing and petrified of getting pregnant. You can probably infer now where I stand on this subject and that I don't mind talking about it. If you ever want to discuss it more, hit me up. I'll save all the details and my opinions unless you really care.

What is our lesson here? In the end, it's really God control. For everyone, no matter what your "views" are. Todd laughs when I say that but it's so true! I know this a weird/maybe touchy subject to talk about on my blog (much different than my usual posts) but most of you reading are women and well, I don't think we talk about it enough. We all have different opinions and I respect that and ultimately you have to choose what is best for you but it never hurts to stay up to date with recalls and alternatives.

Any thoughts? No pressure. Can you tell I just got a little upset at this big mistake BC companies have done to innocent people! Yikes. Please don't think I'm writing to say one way is better than another. The whole subject can just be confusing and frustrating.

Big thanks to a few people in my life that have been such great girlfriends (you know exactly who you are) with openly discussing this subject and my sweet sister who I have got even closer to the older I get for going before me with the whole marriage and baby thing. She offers great advice! Plus, I must add my loving, compassionate, and understanding husband. Love you all!
-S