A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
-B. F. Skinner
Lately, I've been working on following and listening to the Lord's will in my life. I know of one time in particular that I didn't listen to his will and set my self up for failure. I hate that word. Strong hate.
Nobody wants to fail.
Admitting failure can be hard. Forgiving yourself, even harder. A few years ago I took a job offer as an answer. Sometimes our biggest failures can be the biggest lessons we will ever learn. I'm so different now because of my experience yet I'm still not certain that it was His plan for me. You see, for a while I struggled with thinking that God did that to me. He let me get hurt. I didn't understand. I blamed God. But looking back, I didn't seek his guidance on a huge decision in my life.
I now believing with all my heart that God is always one step ahead of me but I must be actively following Him. I've heard that my entire life but it's more real to me than ever before. It's easy to get off path. We all have selfish desires and pride that can get in our way but constantly being aware of his presence can help us stay in tune with His plans for us.
Plans to prosper.
Plans to protect.
Plans of hope.
Plans of a future.
-Jer. 29:11
That is some good stuff to rejoice in. Sorry for being preachy, my dad is a pastor so it's in my blood. I just think we can probably all relate about times in our life when we may have chosen to do or say something that wasn't "right." Thank goodness we serve a merciful God. Mistakes will happen, I'm a born sinner, but choosing to actively follow can sure save lots of wasted time and energy.
Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.
Amen.
-Sara