Just thought I would use my blog as a place to update all you friends and prayer warriors on something that is making our hearts heavy. I'll try to relay the details as I've been told. Most of you know that my sister Jamie is getting married this upcoming June and we will be gaining an awesome brother in law. On Wednesday evening, Chris' father fell down a flight of stairs while taking out the trash. Apparently he hit his head causing brain injuries. His father has been unconscious since and the outcome is not looking good. Our hearts break for my sister, Chris and his family. This is such a shocking and devastating incident. Please pray for the family. As you can imagine, they are tired and they are so SO sad.
Anyone else want to pray for a miracle with us? I won't go into too much detail, but this past Sunday at church a young woman shared how she was healed from something only God could heal. Then we collectively prayed for another church member battling MS. I've never felt chills like that before during a worship experience. Now I can see how that service has built my faith even more and prepared me for the week ahead. It is okay to pray for miracles. I think too often I take "doctors word to heart" or believe "that could never happen!" I want to choose to believe today. I choose to pray for a miracle. It could happen. But I also know life here on Earth is not eternal and sometimes we must be called home.
I'll be back next week once I get some tough grad school stuff over with and I'll share any updates on the Jones family. Thanks for reading. If you get a chance, let my sister and Chris know you are thinking of them.
xo,
Sara