Pages

6.10.2011

Bridal Luncheon

I spent the last two weeks before the wedding at home. It was great to spend some time with my family as well as do some last minute wedding prep. Thursday before the wedding, I was able to greet my cousins that currently live in Chicago at the airport. Lydia and Henry (sister/brother) were in my wedding and I had not seen them in almost two years. It was so fun to be able to see them as soon as they arrived and share the excitement of the upcoming weekend.

Friday, my aunt hosted a bridal luncheon on Lake Norman. We had a nice peaceful lunch which was very relaxing considering my nerves were beginning to take a toll on me. In fact, I can't tell you much about the food at all because suddenly my stomach wasn't hungry. But I loved being surrounded by my favorite women in life! What a great start to the most exciting weekend in my life!


Just as we were finishing the main course it began to rain. We all jumped up, said a few goodbyes as the rest of us headed to the Nail Salon to get pedicures. Most of the girls had already ordered dessert at lunch but due to the rain they had to have it boxed up and sent with us. We had a blast getting our nails and toes painted but one thing I'll never forget is me getting my nails painted (acrylic) and hating the color! I knew that in the moment if I didn't say something it would be one of those little regrets of my lifetime. I know what you are thinking "seriously, over your nail color?" Well if you know me at all then you know something that small would bother me. So I told the dude who very rudely took it off and repainted them. Oh well...BRIDE'S orders right?! My friends were so sweet that day to hang out with me and do whatever they could to make me at ease. I'm very thankful for each and every one of them! 

Oh the memories...another one I'll never forget is after leaving the nail salon my pregnant sister just HAD to have some Cold Stone. I graciously took her but as soon as we got home we only had about twenty minutes to change clothes and head to the rehearsal. Talk about a blur...time went by so fast from that moment on! 

Sorry for the lack of photos...I'm saving the rehearsal and wedding for another post. The cable man will be here today to finally get us internet and cable so I should be back into business by tomorrow! Love to all!

-Sara