Pages

6.12.2011

Oh happy day!



May 28th was the slowest day of my life yet the fastest. Sounds crazy I know but I awoke that morning abnormally early for me at 7:00 am. Even though I slept pretty well, I guess I still had some of that "I'm too excited to sleep any longer" mentality. Just think of when you were a kid at Christmas. That is the best way to describe the feeling except this time I had several hours before the real stuff began. That morning I watched lots of TV to keep me occupied including an entire episode of 16 & Pregnant. Such a random show to watch the day of your wedding.

On the way to the church (which we had to make a pitstop by the reception venue) my brother in law informed us via his iPhone that there was a terrible wreck on 485 near both my reception venue and church. I took many deep breaths and prayed the whole way there that we could make it because the last thing we all wanted was to have to make a detour. Thankfully we made it to the venue just fine and then took some back roads to the church. Still, knowing the wreck was so bad, I was nervous that it would hold up my wedding party. However, everyone made it on time except my florist who got held up but she did make it before the ceremony started.



I was pretty quiet (in my opinion) throughout the entire process of getting ready. The day began to get fuzzy as I was nervous and anxious. I remember when my girls started getting their dresses on and thinking how beautiful they looked but my words were frozen. I was on the verge of tears, especially when I received and read a letter that Todd wrote me. After reading the letter, I was ready to roll. I fell even more in love with him in that moment and couldn't wait to see him. From that moment on time flew! Before I knew it we were lining up in the hallway and one by one my bridesmaids were gone. My dad and I were left and I could feel my heart drop to my knees. I squeezed my dad and said "let's not cry, okay!?" and then we were on our way. Walking down the aisle was a blur in itself. I didn't see anyone but Todd and we were both beaming. In fact, I think I floated down the aisle.

The wedding was everything I ever wanted and very special. The groomsmen played a "we can't find the ring" trick when we went to do our vows which sent me in a panic but thankfully it was a joke. When I saw my dad laughing, I knew it was okay. Oh and if you are curious, I successfully said my vows and there were no tears! Then a few moments later, I heard the sweetest words , "Mr. and Mrs. Todd Shelton Davis." Oh happy day!


The reception was held at Ballantyne Country Club where we ate delicious food, had fun with the photobooth and danced the night away. The reception was also a blur as I tried to talk to as many people as possible but it was just impossible. I remember asking Ashley Garbrick what time it was and she responded with 8:45! I seriously thought we had just got there and knew we would be leaving within the hour which made me slightly sad but then I quickly remembered that the fun was not over. Life was just beginning. I was going to get to leave with my husband and go on an incredible vacation. We left with a sparkler farewell in a red 1942 Chrysler classic thanks to my parent's friends, the Kerns. Such a perfect day and night!



Thanks to some friends for taking the above photos. I'll be sure to show you the professional photos as well. The ones that Dana, our photographer, has posted on facebook thus far are amazing! Can't wait to share with you about our honeymoon next!!!

-Sara