I realized so far that all the wedding recaps have been from my (Sara) perspective. Todd has been really busy with two jobs but I'm sure he will post his view of things sometime on this here ol' blog. There are things about going through a wedding that everyone asks such as "did you get any sleep the night before?" Answer: yes! I was exhausted after the rehearsal and dinner. Friday was such a busy day that by the time I went to bed I passed out.
The rehearsal was one of my favorite memories of the whole weekend. It's a time that I can actually remember most of the details, even things like what people were wearing. Now ask me about that for Saturday and I'll laugh in your face because I don't remember everything. I'll spare you all the details of what people were wearing and give you more of the headliners. A big storm arrived just as the rehearsal was to start. Thankfully everyone arrived safely and we did a little practicing. I however kept getting tripped up on the vows which put me into a panic because I was nervous I would mess up on the day of the wedding. Since my dad was one of the ministers, I was able to read over the sermon the day of the wedding to visualize the words since my nerves were taking a toll on me. Ahhhh the perks of being the preachers kid. Thanks Dad!
The dinner was at the church as well. Todd's mother, Carol, and the Carmel Kitchen staff did an amazing job of recreating the room to give the feel of a restaurant. In case you are curious, I wanted a low key dinner that would house just my guests. The lights were dim, hydrangeas everywhere and soft music playing in the background. Todd and I sat at a table with our parents and I just loved sitting there watching all my favorite people laugh among one another and have a good time. Since we had 65 total, it was nice that we didn't have to all pile in cars and travel in the storm to attend dinner. Todd and I decided to make the evening personal and dedicate it to our friends & family. We ate dinner then had our guest watch a slideshow Todd made:
After the video we cut and ate the groom's cake...drums of course!
After cake we gave our wedding party their gifts. We each wrote and read aloud mimi speeches for each person that told how we met and what they meant to us. We love everyone so much and feel as if God has given us such incredible, talented and wise friends.
Only regret of the night is that I wish I had taken more pictures or had someone take my camera and do so. In the above photo my sisters and Magan are missing so I wish I had a picture of all the girls. Also we didn't get any of the guys and they looked so handsome! What a shame!
Overall the night was wonderful! The food was delicious and it was such an intimate time with our closet friends and family. We are so SO blessed! I look forward to sharing the wedding day with you soon!
-Sara
