Our wedding would not have been the same without our incredible vendors. As a previous employee of Shutterbooth (more on what that is in a moment), I'm fully aware of how vendors can make or break your day. I highly recommend going the extra mile and getting the best people to work with because in the end the quality of the work will be better and something you will cherish for years. I sound like I'm getting paid to write this but these seriously are just my thoughts. So here are our wedding day heroes:
Lifestage Films: Well this probably comes as no surprise considering we are related to the owners. However, I must say that I truly do believe they are the best wedding videographers I have seen. I could seriously read their blog for hours at a time watching wedding highlight videos. Don't believe me? Go check it out but just promise me you'll come back to our blog at some point in your lives. Prepare to be hooked and amazed. Matt (Todd's brother) and his team do an excellent job of capturing weddings in a modern creative way. We are proud of his business and were thrilled to use him for our big day. Matt actually had the day off to play the role of best man but two of his employees came to capture everything. Honestly, they were so quiet that most of the time I never even knew they were there! Here is the first footage we have seen of Todd and his mom doing their thangggg...
Orange Cat Photo: When looking for photography, we knew we wanted something that had a modern twist but still captured our traditional style. I found three photographers that I liked, let Todd view different sample photos and then he chose the style he liked best (he is much more in tune with photo skills than me) without him knowing who the photographers were. He ended up choosing Orange Cat which was just perfect since my sisters are close friends with the owner. I knew we would be in good hands and their work is simply amazing. I call it a hidden jewel because so many people search for photographers in bigger cities but OC is located in Hickory and travels a-n-y-w-h-e-r-e. Dana has started to post pictures on Facebook and they make me squeal with delight at how awesome they are. If you are looking for a solid photographer then hit them up via website or Facebook page (and check our photos while you are there). Thanks Orange Cat!!
Who's the Fairest?-Speaking of photos, I would not have looked the way I did without Kymm. I found her via word of mouth from the wedding industry. Let me tell you, she knows her craft and does it extremely well. Kymm is not your average hairdresser. She works in a Charlotte studio during the week alongside photographers where she does hair and makeup for models, brides, etc. Not being a makeup savvy person, I knew I needed to hire professional help so I didn't have to worry about anything plus she does your makeup in a way that is flattering to the camera. I loved my looked and felt like a princess. So whether you are getting married, want to get dolled up for a night or get a lesson in makeup...call Kymm!
Shutterbooth-Last summer I was a host for Shutterbooth. Basically this company sets up a photo booth at different events and lets people take as many pictures as they want. The coolest part is that two photo strips print so one goes to your guest and one goes into a guestbook that everyone signs. With the younger crowd we were having, I knew this would be a perfect fit to use as party favors. The company has vendors nationwide but since I know the Charlotte owners well, I can honestly say they are genuine and will make sure nothing goes wrong with the booth. Our photos of friends are hilarious and will keep us laughing for years. Also if you are looking for a part time job (mostly Saturdays) in Charlotte then give Art a call because they are always looking for fun upbeat hosts.
Hatley on Main- For our flowers and cake we chose Hatley on Main based out of Gastonia, NC. My mom and Todd's father (small world!) went to high school with the owner, Judy. Judy also did my sister's wedding and even crazier, Judy's mother did the flowers for my parents wedding! That is proof that they are experienced and will not disappoint. Picking out flowers was overwhelming (I don't really have favorite flower, crazy eh?!) but Judy helped me choose just the right arrangements. I can't wait to show you a picture of the church flowers....so stunning! I loved our cake and the fact that it had FIVE amazing flavors!
Ballantyne Country Club-Although I was a little to overwhelmed to eat dinner that night, I did snatch a few bites that were delicious. Everyone has told me the same. I can barely remember what we had but I believe it was salad, chicken, london broil, string green beans, mashed potatoes and rolls. Yum! Wish I could go back in time and try to eat more but I think that is impossible on your wedding day. The venue is really beautiful too! We took some amazing pictures out by the golf course with Orange Cat that I hope to post soon.
Mark Blanton- A Kings Mountain resident, I grew up with his daughter throughout grade school so it was special to have him be a part of my big day as our DJ. He knows our family well which helps when hosting a large event and has also been in the music industry for a long time doing such events. We had so much fun dancing under the lights with our best friends. Thanks Mark!!
In all, the day was really special and we are thankful we got to use each of the vendors above. I wouldn't change a single thing and would hire all of them again! Just thinking about the night makes me want to go live it all over again! I'll be sure to post more pictures and videos as they begin to roll in.
Happy Friday friends!
-Sara

