Rest. We were created to work hard but to rest on the Sabbath. Here in our home we have decided to make it a point to just simply rest. Sundays are the only day that I allow the bed to
not be made. I was raised to never leave the house without my bed made which makes for something wonderful to come home to. Just something I prefer to do. However, I am totally loving our new Sunday rule. We love worshipping & learning at church, eating out then immediately knowing we get to come home and go back to bed to rest. Aren't Sunday's just the best? It rained all morning and was so nasty out but when we woke from our nap today the sun was shining and the birds were singing as if it were a new day. What a sweet reminder from God that we all need rest. We all need time to feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
*Imagine a picture right now of a bed that is really messy and the sheets don't match (how dare us!). I promise to post pictures of the new place this week!*
Time for me to bounce and get back to our restful Sunday. I'm planning on doing something crazy like eating ice cream then later watching a movie with popcorn! Todd is currently reading his ESPN magazine and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet...for now.
Hope you too are having a restful and relaxing Sunday!
Oh and as a disclaimer, not every Sunday is just like this. Yes we do nap, that is crucial but our ideas of rest can certainly vary from week to week. This is a day to do what you love and spend it with those you love. Amen, right?
-Sara