Pages

6.21.2011

Yum, Yum

I always knew I loved to cook but never new that planning meals and grocery shopping can be a highlight to my life right now. Okay so I know what you are thinking, "that will change." Yeah yeah, maybe you are right but currently I love cooking new things and I look forward to having dinner every night together. I must really have a case of the brand new wife bug.

Todd loves hotdogs. Loves them. I'm so so about them but I put them on our weekly menu this week anyway. I try to find the best meat possible (if that is possible with hotdogs) and create some delicious sides such as baked beans and fries. I once watched an afternoon show on TV about how if you have a craving for something that is not so good for you then make it from scratch. That way you can control the ingredients that go into the meal. Thus, I did so with fries! Here is my altered recipe for Parmesan French Fries...
  • Potatoes (6-8 Medium)
  • Olive Oil
  • Dried Oregano
  • Garlic Powder
  • Old Bay Seasoning
  • Parmesan Grated Cheese
  1. Wash & cut your potatoes into french fry shapes. Google "how to" videos if you are like me and nervous! Honestly, it was so easy!
  2. Place in a bowl
  3. Drizzle olive oil but don't drench
  4. Sprinkle seasonings of your choice (such as above)
  5. Add Parmesan
  6. Mix together 
  7. Place on a baking sheet/foil/etc (so they won't stick) and separate so none are overlapping.
  8. Cook at 425 degrees for about 30-45 minutes until however you desire.

These were really fun to make and it is really neat to eat your very own french fries that you cut! This will for sure be a keeper recipe at our house. Thanks, Pinterest for the inspiration! Such a great side dish for all your summer parties! Enjoy!

Happy First day of Summer!
-Sara